Beyond the Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond the Mystery

Exploring the religions of the old and rediscovering our anncestors.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Necromancy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silver Wind
Aud Mon Ra
Silver Wind

Necromancy Empty
PostSubject: Necromancy   Necromancy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 1:34 pm

Necromancy was a topic then when I first heard of it becasme a source of fascination to me. There is a great deal of mystery surrounding around the topic, and for obvious reasons, it tends to be classify as one of the so called "dark arts." I remeber when I first was trying to devle into the subject I found the information I was able to track down at the time, to be unsatifsying and yet still confussing, but perhaps that was because at the time I did not know just what I was question for and this little thing called the Nercominian kept popping up, mind you it has nothing to do with acutaly necormancy but it shares the same prefix of "Necro" So I thought I would just give a few words to simply and clearly explain nercomancy from what I know of it.

Necromancy is an old art that has been atributed to those titled as mages, sourceres and magicians of ancient times acorss many cultures. It is the practice and art of working with the dead. There were different ways in which one could do this and for different purposes. It was gerneally beleived that the Nercomancer had the ablity to cause the dead to acutally rise from thier graves, though in this technique, they were not acutally reserected or brought to life, thier souls were still lost, but with the use of magick thier bodies would be reanimaited, making zombie like creatures whom were beleived to be used as minions for the Necromancers, they were made to attend and obey thier master and do varrious tasks for him or in some cases used as bodygaurds to help protect him.

Another form of Necromancy and another ability which Necromancers were attributed was the use of the dead to see into the future.

Necromancy is even referenced in the Bible
There shall be not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an eanchnter, or a witch, or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
Deuteromony 18:10;11
Back to top Go down
http://www.journalhome.com/silverwynd2/

Necromancy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beyond the Mystery :: Pagan Life :: General Magick-
Jump to: