Beyond the Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond the Mystery

Exploring the religions of the old and rediscovering our anncestors.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Writing Invocations

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silver Wind
Aud Mon Ra
Silver Wind

Writing Invocations Empty
PostSubject: Writing Invocations   Writing Invocations Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 1:40 pm

I find that is is a good idea to write your own invocations. For one thing, depending upon the God or Goddess you wish to invoke, it may be difficult to find just the write invocation, for another, when creating your own invocation you can tailor it to address your particular needs. And it is good to honor the God and Goddess in your own words.

Now there are no rules to how to write an invocation, and I am sure you will all soon develop your own individual style for it, but I thought I would provide a basic guide line to help get you started.

An invocation may be as long or short as you like it.

The best way to get started is first consider the deity you wish to invoke, think of some of thier traits, particular those triats that you most wish to draw upon.

In the invocation you should include varrious different aspects of the God or Goddess and qualties they pocesss. As well think of any terms/titles you might wish to address your diety as.

Such things as simply calling them the God, or Goddess, or Lord and Lady, sometimes I use King or Queen in an invocation, as well it is imporant to address them directly by thier name.

I also find it good to use repitation, particularly in threes.

You may also want to add in physcial discriptions of the God or Goddess.

And most imporantly, use the approrptiate diety for the appropraate goal.

For example, for something to do with Love you would most likely call upon "Venus, Aphrodite, Inanna, Cupid, etc..

A good way to get started is to just read through other invocations to get a feel for what they are like, and you may read some of my very own here in this forum.

If you have any addtional questions, do not be afraid to ask.
Back to top Go down
http://www.journalhome.com/silverwynd2/

Writing Invocations
Page 1 of 1