Beyond the Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond the Mystery

Exploring the religions of the old and rediscovering our anncestors.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

King Arthur

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silver Wind
Aud Mon Ra
Silver Wind

King Arthur Empty
PostSubject: King Arthur   King Arthur Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:09 am

The story of King Arthur is one that has long fascinated me, and I presue as many different versions of it was I can, though I am sure most of us are famillair with the basic story on some level.

Arthur was a very intresting figure, he came into the world, when Christiantiy was just on the rise, and Gaul, the Celtic territories, were trapped between two different fractions. On the one side, the Christain zealots, who sought to elininate the Old Ways and on the other side the Angelo-Saxon barbarians whom began to encraoch on the territories for plunder and loot.

Arthur stood between both worlds. He was born of a Christain mother, while his father was a Pagan. He was a symbol of hope, peace and prosperaity. Though he embraced the ways of his Mother, and the Christain god, he did not completely forget or abandon his father's heritage. His closest advisor, friend and confidaunt was the sorcerer Merlin whom embraced the Old Ways.

It was the vision of Arthur that Christain and Pagan, live together in harmony, the old gods and the new god side by side. The Goddess herself, the Lady of the Lake bestowed her favor upon Arthur.

He was the choosen one, but he was no Christainzed savouir of the ranks of Jesus, rather, more in tune with Pagan heros, there is balance, however golden his heart, and however much good he would do, he is imperect, human, and flesh and blood, and of this we are reminded.

On a historical level, the most plausible explination for Arthur, is that the story was in fact born out of the combination of several different stories over the years, and that Arthur is not in fact one person, but instead he is many different people.

But he will always remained a powerful symbol whom stood for something back then, that people are still blind to see today, though the legend said, he would rise again when the world was in need of him, and I say, that we could use another Arthur among us, to remind us of who we are and that the same blood courses through us all reguardless of creed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.journalhome.com/silverwynd2/

King Arthur
Page 1 of 1