Beyond the Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond the Mystery

Exploring the religions of the old and rediscovering our anncestors.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kibratu Ritual

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silver Wind
Aud Mon Ra
Silver Wind

Kibratu Ritual Empty
PostSubject: Kibratu Ritual   Kibratu Ritual Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 12:08 pm

This is a ritual that orignaly comes from the Ancient tradition of Babylonian magick, it was a way to help charge the individule and draw in power. A sort or preliminary ritual that would be prefered before the initial and intended ritual, to help get the power flowing.

Throughout the ritual I will provide but the original Sumerian that the ritual was done in, and the English translation, you need not say both, but can pick which you prefer.

In your ritual space, say as you walk in a circle (in either direction) -

Isaya Isaya Riqa Riqa! (Sumerian)
Be off, be off, begone, begone! (English)

Use your hands like you are shooing away birds. Imagine that everything bothering you has a physical form and that you are shooing it away. You may use your hands alone or a dagger as well. Say it until you feelthe space is clean, but no more than 7 times. Then go to the center of the circle and face east

1.With the fingers of your dominant hand together, touching your forehead between the eyes, say:

Ashassiki
I call upon you

Imagine and feel an electrically charged light coming from your heart and reaching your forehead at the place your hand touches

2.Touching your genital area say, depending on your sex:

Gal (vulva) or Gish (phallus)

As you say it, imagine and feel the light descending externally with your hand as well as internally from your forehead down through your spine to your genitals.

3. Touching your right shoulder, say:

Anaku Lublut
May I have life!

Feel the light ascend to your heart and then out to your right shoulder

4.Touching your left shoulder,say:

Anaku Lushlima
May I have health!

Feel the light cross over to your left shoulder

5.Interlacing your hands at the level of your heart, say:

Ana dar dalilikunu ludlul
May I sing your praises forever!

Imagine a globe of radiant light centered on your heart and filling your whole body, illuminating the space you are in.

Advance to the east, or stand where you are, and imagine a pentagram on your forehead. Draw it or fling it out to the edge of your circle, saying:

Dilbat
Venus, Lady of Battles

Imagine the energy you have seen before going out of your hand or hands and composing the star before you. It remains there.

Turn to the north (counterclockwise = the direction of the spinning earth), and say:

Mul
Pleiades

See the star and feel it as before.

Turn to the west, and say:

Mushitu
Night

See the same as before.

Facing south, say:

Bir
Kidney Star (a part of Virgo)

Imagine it like the others.

Facing east again, reach above your head and draw the pentagram or fling it out and up, saying:

Anna
Heaven

See the star at a spot twice your height above you.

Look down and draw a pentagram on the earth, or fling it out towards the ground, saying:

Kia
Earth

Imagine a pentagram at a depth twice your height beneath you.

Standing straight, with your arms outstretched in the form of a cross, say

(Sumerian)
Utu igimuku
Nanna egirmuku
Nergal azidamu
Ninurta agubumu
An annamu
Ki kimu
Enki shamu
Anna dimgalbi
Kia urgalbi

(English)
Utu before me,
Nanna behind me,
Nergal on my right,
Ninurta on my left,
An above me,
Ki beneath me,
Enki in my midst:
The Great Pillar of Heaven,
The Great Foundation of the Earth

See yourself glowing with powerful light surrounded by the stars, with lines of light coming in from the stars and converging in your heart

Let your arms down, and repeat steps 1-5

This rutal does not have to be done as a precurser to another ritual, it can be done for its own sake simply as a way to feel personal impowerment or spiritual rejuvination.
Back to top Go down
http://www.journalhome.com/silverwynd2/

Kibratu Ritual
Page 1 of 1