Beyond the Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond the Mystery

Exploring the religions of the old and rediscovering our anncestors.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moon Cord

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silver Wind
Aud Mon Ra
Silver Wind

Moon Cord Empty
PostSubject: Moon Cord   Moon Cord Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 7:59 pm

The idea behind the moon cord is to preserve and embrace specific atributes of the moons power during certain phases of the moon. These attributes are directed into a length of cord held there by knots so the attirbutes of the moon which you wish to tap into my be avilable at any given time.

When you are first making your moon cords, it would be idea to wait untill the moon is in the disired phase to create the cord for that phase of the moon so you might best tap into the moons power at that time, for later use.

To prepare the cord use a length of colored whool or embrodary thread about two feet long. Use 5 differnet colors to represent each of the different phases.

Prepare the 5 threads for the following phases: new, waxing, full, wanning, and dark.

To prepare the cord at the apporpirate moon phase light a candle which represents the goddess and sit at your altar, or if you do not have one, at a work table. You may also preform this outside under the moonslight.

Charge the card by calling upon the goddess who represents the phase of the moon you are working on. For a new and waxing moon call upon Diana, for a full moon call upon Salene, for the wanning and dark moon call upon Hecate.

If you have an athame (ritual dagger) it may be good to use it for this, in a process known as drawing down the moon. You may use the anthame trace a pentagram over the face of the moon, or you can trace it over the candle flame and trace a line of power from the moon into the cord, or from the flame into the cord.

State your words of power:

By the one power
working for and through me
I hear by call upon you, (insert apporpriate goddess name)
to enter this cord with your power
to charge this cord
enter this cord
for the good of all
and according to free will
for the work of positive magick
to aid me in my work
at the appropriate times
according to your will
as these knots are tied.

Then tie nint knots into the cord placing them at an equal distant from each other and use the ninth knot to tie the cord in a circle and add:

"so mote it be"

Place the cords on your altar, or work table circled around the candle and meditate for a while upon that phase of the moon. When you feel your work is complete take the cord and wind it into a ball to place within a pouch or box. Keep this on your altar if you have one, or if not, in a safe place, particuarly somewhere that has meaning to you.

When you work with the cord, you can either hold it in your hand or place it around the candle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.journalhome.com/silverwynd2/

Moon Cord
Page 1 of 1