Beyond the Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond the Mystery

Exploring the religions of the old and rediscovering our anncestors.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poppet Magick

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silver Wind
Aud Mon Ra
Silver Wind

Poppet Magick Empty
PostSubject: Poppet Magick   Poppet Magick Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 10:42 am

Poppet magick also sometimes called puppet or Doll magick has a long history in witchcraft, and has garnered something of a bad reputation because of its use in Voodoo which has had a stigma attached to it, as we are all famillar with thei magery of the voodoo used to cause harm against another, though most commonly poppet magick is used for healing, happiness, and love, and can be in times of need used for bidning.

The idea behind poppet magick is in making a figure to represent the choosen target, (the person you wish to work the magick on) though the doll need not nesscarly bare physcial resemblence to the person, something belogning to the person should be attached to it, be it a photo, or a piece of thier hair, clothing, jewlary, etc.... The doll can be made out of cloth, wax, or clay.

Once you have completed the spell you should either give the doll to the person whom you have preformed the spell on, or bury it.

Here is a basic spell for using your poppet

Firstly you will need to form a bond between the person and the doll.

Use this simple naming ritual:
‘Little one, I made you and now I give you life
I name you (persons name)
Her / his body is your body
Her / his breath is your breath
Her / his passion is your passion
Her / his blood is your blood
Though separate you were
Now you are one

If your goal is to theal you will need the following

A yellow candle, Herbs of marigold/calendula, lavender and rosemary, Clear quartz gemstone

(Yellow is often associated with healing, but if there is another color that you view as healing use that instead, for example some see healing energy as white, I see it as purple)

Here is a simple healing spell

Perform on a Sunday.

Stuff the doll with the herbs and add the gem about where the heart would be in the doll. Sew up the doll and do the naming ritual (above).

Light the candle, and see the person healthy and happy in your mind.

Say six times:
‘Lavender, marigold and rosemary
The body, soul and mind are free
Stone of quartz, take the pain away
Whole and healed and free today
With harm to none
My will is done’

Bury the doll in the ground before sunset the same day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.journalhome.com/silverwynd2/

Poppet Magick
Page 1 of 1