Beyond the Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond the Mystery

Exploring the religions of the old and rediscovering our anncestors.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demeter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silver Wind
Aud Mon Ra
Silver Wind

Demeter Empty
PostSubject: Demeter   Demeter Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 10:52 am

I have always admired Demeter, and to me she has always been one of the strongest of the Gods, I am sure most of us are famillar with the story of Demeter and Persephone. Demeter's daughter Persephone was kidnapped by Hades, and taken to be his bride into the under world and Demeter was so enraged and devestated that she made all the land baren so nothing would grow, and so once a year, Persephone is allowed to resuraface again, and in that time Demeter brings back the harvest and growing things.

For some reason, whenever I let all of my hair down and completely unbound I almost feel like Demeter in a way, I can feel the embodiement of her power.

Like many Goddeses whom are related to harvest in someway, she was popular in ruarl areas a fertility Goddess and she is sometimes seen and linked to Gaia or Rhea, becasue she is said to be the Goddess of Planned Society who taught mankind the art of sowing and ploughing so they could end their nomadic existence.

Today under the Tripple Goddess ideal she is often seen as both a possible Mother Figure, with Presphone as the Madien, or in some cases as a Crone figure, for in some stories she is dipecited as having appeared as an old woman.
Back to top Go down
http://www.journalhome.com/silverwynd2/

Demeter
Page 1 of 1