Beyond the Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond the Mystery

Exploring the religions of the old and rediscovering our anncestors.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Power of Improvising

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silver Wind
Aud Mon Ra
Silver Wind

Power of Improvising Empty
PostSubject: Power of Improvising   Power of Improvising Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 9:48 pm

The ablity to improvise I think is a very key part of working magick. There is many a times when a spell might call for certain tools or ingredients that are not always easily accessible to everyone depending upon thier sitution. As many of the spells that our out there might either touch back to times in the past when certian items might have been more common and easily accessible or are writtien by those whom perhaps are not considering the common witch or practioner and some of the obstcials they may face.

Some of the so called required tools or ingredietns for a certain spell or ritual might in some cases by expensive, or just vary rare and uncommon itmes, and one might not always have access to such things, either for reasons of finance, or transpertaion, or just living in an area where somethings are really hard to get.

You should not let youself be intimidated away from a spell or ritaul just becasue you do not think you can aquirre all the needed items, but instead you should have the confidance to be able to improvise. The tools themselves are not really the key elements of a spell, they are really secoundary. They are there to help one focus, but the spell itself they do not make.

The elements that any working of magick requires above all, are things that we all have with us, it is our intent with what we wish the spell to achieve. The expectation that it will work, and the energy we put into it. Everything else is just a way to help symbolize that, or direct our focus.

So, if you are having trouble aquiring some needed item for a spell, then have the confidance to instead find something else that could represent the same thing or be used for the same purpose they you do have on hand or can easily get, and do not let this make you doubt the spell or its effectiveness.

Often when I am wrting spell in my own online Book of Shadows, if it does include something I beleive might not be so easy for everyone to get, I will give suggustions of other things which could be used in its place.

Same thing, if a spell requires a certian herb, oil, incense that might be either really exepsnive or very rare and difficult to get hold of, really think about just what the spell is trying to do, and what that herb/scent might be symbolizing or representing, and you can more then likely find a more common herb/scent that serves the very same purpose.

So do not be afried to take libirty with some spells and use what you have.
Back to top Go down
http://www.journalhome.com/silverwynd2/

Power of Improvising
Page 1 of 1