Beyond the Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond the Mystery

Exploring the religions of the old and rediscovering our anncestors.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blessing Your Athame

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silver Wind
Aud Mon Ra
Silver Wind

Blessing Your Athame Empty
PostSubject: Blessing Your Athame   Blessing Your Athame Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 3:48 pm

Here is an ancient ritual which was used to consecrate athame

Three nights before the moon is full (the third night being the full moon) dig a small hole in the earth which is as deep as your hand is long. Then take equal protions (about a handful) of the following herbs: rue, vervain, and fennel

Add them to the soil from the hole which you just dug and mix all this together. Then replace the soil in the hole. Leave this until the night of the full moon. On the night of the full moon, boil some water (about 8 ounces) to which you will add three pinches of salt. Then pour the boiled water out, slowly, on the area where you dug the hole. Next mark out a triangle around the hole. Then place nine drops of liquid camphor directly in the center of the hole. At this point grasp the dagger in both hands, with the blade pointing down and raise your arms up to the moon saying

O Great Tana, bless me with Power (you may use the name of the Goddess you prefer)

Then push the blade down into the soil in the center of the hole up to the base of the hilt and draw power down from the moon by doing the following.

Kneel before the moon and place your hands upon your thighs and say

At will I make swift streams retire
to thier fountains, whilst thier banks admire
sea toss and smooth, clear clouds with clouds deform
with spells and charms I break ther vipers jaw
cleave solid rocks, oaks from thier seizures draw
whole woods remove, the lofty mountains shake
Earth for to groan and ghosts from graves awake
and Thee O Moon I draw

As you being the last verse, raise your left hand and "cup" the moon, then quickly closer your hand in a grasping manner, seeming closing the moon within your hand. Dor not look up at this point but bring your closed hand down and grasp the dagger hilt. Next place your right hand frimly over your left and concentrate upon the dagger. Imagine it glowing with power. After a few minitues remove the dagger from the soil and clean it off with white cloth. Charge the dagger with the four elements and dedicate it to the service of the Goddess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.journalhome.com/silverwynd2/

Blessing Your Athame
Page 1 of 1