Beyond the Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond the Mystery

Exploring the religions of the old and rediscovering our anncestors.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shamanic Healing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silver Wind
Aud Mon Ra
Silver Wind

Shamanic Healing Empty
PostSubject: Shamanic Healing   Shamanic Healing Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 2:27 pm

Core Shamanism

Shamanism is the oldest form of healing, practiced since the beginning of human kind. Shamans connect with compassionate spirits and elicit their help to heal people. Core shamanism is a distillation of shamanic practices which are common to many diverse cultures. The methods of core shamanism are taught by the faculty of the Foundation for Shamanic Studies, and are practiced by modern shamanic healers throughout the world. In core shamanism, the shaman enters a shamanic state of consciousness through listening to rhythmic percussion. He or she then journeys to the world of spirits and connects with spirit allies for healing work. These spirits are available to help everyone, and the shaman's role is often to reconnect clients with their helping spirits, restoring their personal power.

Soul Retrieval

Shamans believe that when a person suffers from a physical or psychological trauma a part(s) of the soul splits off and no longer contributes to the person's whole being. Instead it stays fixed in the event, but in non ordinary reality. This dissociation is called soul loss, and it often results in loss of memory, or a feeling of incompleteness. This disengagement makes it easier to survive traumas such as accidents, abuse, or emotional disturbances. Children can suffer soul loss from events that are traumatic to them, but may seem trivial to adults. Soul loss can also occur when another person "holds" onto a part of us, and doesn't let go. (An old lover perhaps.)

Once the traumatic event is over complete healing can occur when the soul part(s) that is missing is returned. The shaman facilitates this event by journeying into non ordinary reality and, with the help of spirit allies, finding the missing soul parts and bringing them back home. Then there is a period of integration, where the client gets to know the returned soul part(s) again, and together they work to heal the old wounds. This often takes several months.

The concept is the same for animals as it is for people with a few exceptions. Carla has achieved beneficial results doing soul retrievals for horses, dogs and cats.

Power Animal Retrieval

All people and animals can enjoy the power, strength and comfort of an alliance with a spiritual power animal. The spirits of wild animals work with shamans, guiding them through their journeys, giving advice and performing healings. Often the first thing a modern shamanic healer does for a client is retrieve a power animal for them. The erson then bonds with the animal by honoring it in ordinary reality, visiting it during quiet meditation, and dancing in a way that lets the animal move through his or her limbs. Domestic animals also benefit from power animal retrieval.

Shamanic Healing Techniques

Illness Extraction:

Often illness has a spiritual component as well as a physical component. When people and animals are vulnerable and disempowered it is possible for entities that don't belong to enter our bodies. These misplaced entities can cause persistent sickness, soreness and other undesirable things. As a shaman one of my key functions is to work with my spirits to extract these misplaced entities and deliver them to a neutral place, where they can contribute to the overall good of things (instead of causing harm). This process is called extraction, and it is a very common healing activity in my work. The results are immediate and powerful. After an extraction we always fill the space with positive healing power of some kind.

Sacred Song:

Often my spirit ally will sing a sacred song to the animal in both non-ordinary reality and through my physical voice. I capture these songs on the audio tape and you can play them for your animal over and over again. You can also learn to sing them for your animal. The sacred song is very healing and has a captivating power for the animal.

Spiritual Prescriptions:

These are the instructions that my spirits give to further the healing. They often involve giving herbs, essences, diet changes and touch therapy. So far the spirits have been completely right in their prescriptions. I've been given prescriptions for poultices, massage, aroma therapy, herbs, exercise and many other things. I work with various healing spirits to obtain this information. As I am not an herbalist or expert in most of these areas I always recommend that the person investigate the recommended treatment and confirm it with an educated ordinary-reality source. Many times the information I get is new information to me, so I learn as much as the client!

Spirit power healing:

This has many forms. My spirit allies may touch the animal and impart healing power. This can be similar to "energy" healing. I may be instructed to impart the power of an element, plant, light, crystal and/or other powerful things into the animal. We also may chant over the animal. It is completely individual.

http://www.spirithealer.com/Pages/works/shamanicheal.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.journalhome.com/silverwynd2/

Shamanic Healing
Page 1 of 1